Essex Financial Group – Real Estate Analyst Job Description
Essex Financial Group ("Essex") is the largest independently-owned commercial mortgage banking firm in Colorado. Essex specializes in commercial real estate debt and equity placement. For over 30 years, Essex has helped its clients navigate the capital markets efficiently to identify the best capital source and structure to meet their financing needs and objectives.
As a loan correspondent for 25 life insurance companies, including several on an exclusive basis, Essex is able to access non-recourse, low-interest rate capital that nobody else can provide. While founded as a life insurance company correspondent, Essex has also cultivated long-term relationships with a wide variety of capital sources over the past three decades, including CMBS conduit lenders, debt and equity funds, national and regional banks, government agencies, credit tenant lease financiers, and other private capital sources. The depth of Essex’s lender menu allows us to deliver clients with custom-tailored financing solutions for each investment strategy.
From our office in downtown Denver, Essex also services a 700 loan portfolio that totals over $3.5 billion of secured capital. We provide full cashiering services for 30 life insurance companies and select CMBS conduit lenders, allowing us to provide full, hands-on customer service through the life of a loan. Our loan servicing includes collecting monthly payments, monitoring taxes and insurance, conducting annual inspections and financial reviews, completing lease approvals and loan modifications, and administering leasing capital reserves.
The Real Estate Analyst position assists with the analysis, marketing, and placement of commercial real estate loans. The analyst plays an integral role in shepherding loans through the underwriting, marketing, and closing phases of the loan production continuum. The analyst will gain insight into structuring real estate debt investments and will be exposed to a wide spectrum of capital sources.
The primary functions include, but are not limited to:
- Underwriting income-producing properties using Excel and ARGUS.
- Analyzing commercial mortgage requests to determine value, risk, and feasibility.
- Researching commercial real estate markets inside and outside of Colorado.
- Creating debt request packages.
- Assisting with the loan marketing and loan commitment processes.
- Preparing lender-specific loan applications for Essex clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General understanding of commercial real estate underwriting, valuation, and analysis.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical-minded with creative thinking and problem-solving skills to underwrite challenging deals, prepare loan requests, and think through problems on the go.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing inter-office situations.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with lenders, real estate brokers, and borrowers.
- In-depth knowledge of Excel.
- In-depth knowledge of Colorado’s real estate markets.
Education & Experience:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with undergraduate coursework in business, finance, and real estate finance. Previous finance or mortgage loan experience is required.
Please forward cover letters and resumes to Cooper Williams at email@example.com.